As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.
Drones have become increasingly popular over the years, and for a good reason. They are versatile, fun to fly, and can capture stunning aerial footage. However, drones can be quite expensive, and not everyone has the budget to splurge on a high-end model.
That’s where the best drone under $100 Australia comes in.
When it comes to purchasing a drone, there are a few things you should consider. Firstly, the size and weight of the drone are essential factors to keep in mind.
A smaller, lightweight drone may be more convenient for travel and easier to control. Secondly, the drone’s battery life and flight time are crucial.
You don’t want to invest in a drone that can only fly for a few minutes before needing a recharge. Lastly, the drone’s camera quality is also something to consider, especially if you plan on using it for aerial photography or videography.
After researching and testing various models, we have identified the best drone under $100 Australia. This drone is lightweight, easy to control, and has a decent flight time.
Additionally, it comes with a built-in camera that can capture high-quality footage and photos.
Keep reading to find out more about the top pick for the best drone under $100 Australia.
Best Drones Under $100 in Australia
We have researched and tested various drones available in the Australian market to bring you the best drones under $100. These drones are perfect for beginners who want to explore aerial photography and videography without breaking the bank. Our team has evaluated each drone based on its features, ease of use, and overall value for money. Here are our top picks for the best drones under $100 in Australia.
If you’re searching for a drone that is both affordable and packed with features, then the Holy Stone Drone for Kids with 1080P HD Camera is definitely worth considering.
- The 1080P wifi camera easily captures good quality videos and photos for you
- HS430 is easy to carry and great fun to fly
- 2 modular Li-Po batteries are included, extending the flight time to nearly half an hour
- The camera quality is not as good as some more expensive drones
- The drone is not very stable in windy conditions
- The drone is not very fast
We recently had the chance to try out the Holy Stone Drone for Kids with 1080P HD Camera, and we were impressed with what it had to offer. The drone is incredibly small and compact, making it easy to carry around with you wherever you go. Despite its small size, it’s packed with features that make it a lot of fun to fly.
One of the standout features of the drone is its 1080P wifi camera. The camera easily captures good quality videos and photos, which you can view in real-time on your phone. The FPV transmission is smooth, so you can enjoy a clear view of what the drone sees.
Another great thing about the Holy Stone Drone for Kids with 1080P HD Camera is that it comes with 2 modular Li-Po batteries. This extends the flight time to nearly half an hour, so you can enjoy more flying time before having to recharge the batteries. The batteries are easy to charge and replace, and the built-in chips provide overvoltage protection.
We also found that the drone was incredibly easy to fly, even for beginners. The Altitude Hold function makes it easy to hover the drone in place, and the One Key Takeoff/Landing function means you can start and stop your flight with ease. The drone also comes with a range of fun features, including High-Speed Rotation, Circle Fly, Trajectory Flight, Voice Control, Gesture Control, Gravity-sensor Mode, Throw to Go, Headless Mode, 360° Flip, and VR Mode.
Overall, we think the Holy Stone Drone for Kids with 1080P HD Camera is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable drone that is packed with features. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced drone pilot, this drone is sure to provide you with hours of fun.
We highly recommend the Heygelo S90 Drone with Camera for Adults for anyone looking for a high-quality drone under $100 in Australia. With its user-friendly functions and premium features, it’s perfect for beginners and advanced pilots alike.
- The 1080P HD FPV WiFi Camera allows for real-time live video and high-quality pictures that can be easily edited and shared on social media.
- The multiple functions of the drone, including remote/app/voice/gravity control and more than 10 professional stunts, make for an immersive and fun experience.
- The stable flight with full guards and altitude hold make it easy for kids and newbies to fly, while 3 speeds allow for advanced pilots to enjoy the fun of shifting.
- The propeller guards are pretty flimsy and may not provide enough protection.
- The drone is lightweight and may drift during flight.
- The controller is poorly made and may have trouble connecting to the drone.
The Heygelo S90 Drone with Camera for Adults is a great starter drone for kids 8-12 with camera. Its foldable fuselage design makes it compact and portable, and it comes with 2 modular batteries for up to 26 minutes of flight time. The APP control and gesture takes photos, enter the Gravity mode, tilt your phone to control the camera drone, and VR mode provides you with a first-person view of piloting flight, amazing visual fidelity, and an outstanding 3D experience.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality drone under $100 in Australia, the Heygelo S90 Drone with Camera for Adults is definitely worth checking out.
We highly recommend the DEERC D20 Mini Drone with Camera for those looking for a budget-friendly drone that still offers great features and capabilities.
- Equipped with a 720P HD camera and FOV 80° wide angle lens, allowing you to capture extraordinary moments
- Smart and advanced functions, including voice control and gestures selfie, provide a terrific experience
- Delicate and safe design with emergency stop and low power alarm functions, as well as 4 propeller guards to protect the drone from crashing
- One motor can be a little tight at times, causing the rotor to stop
- Batteries are weak and may require frequent charging
- Small size may not be suitable for those looking for a larger drone
The DEERC D20 Mini Drone with Camera is a great option for kids and beginners, with its easy-to-use functions like Headless Mode, One Key Start/Landing, and Altitude Hold. It also comes with 2 modular batteries, allowing for up to 20 minutes of flight time.
The drone’s smart and advanced functions, such as intelligent following and 360° flips, provide a fun and engaging flying experience. In addition, the FPV transmission allows you to see live videos on the app, making it easy to capture amazing footage.
The DEERC D20 Mini Drone with Camera has a delicate and safe design, with functions like Emergency stop and Low Power Alarm ensuring a carefree flight. The 4 propeller guards also protect the drone from crashing and the pilots from getting hurt.
Overall, the DEERC D20 Mini Drone with Camera is a great option for those looking for a budget-friendly drone with great features and capabilities.
We highly recommend the Holy Stone HS420 Mini Drone for anyone looking for a fun and easy-to-use drone under $100. With its One-Key Start and Altitude Hold, even beginners can fly this drone with ease.
- The HS420 can perform stunts like 3D flips, Circle Fly, and High-Speed Rotation, making it a blast to fly.
- The drone’s 720P HD FPV camera captures high-quality video and clear photos, and the WiFi Real-Time Transmission lets you broaden your view.
- With two modular batteries, you can enjoy triple the flight time, and the mini drone’s portable size makes it easy to take anywhere.
- The battery life is short, so you’ll need to swap out the batteries frequently to keep flying.
- The drone is quite small, so it may not be ideal for outdoor use on windy days.
- Some users have reported difficulty with the app, but we found it simple to use.
We loved how easy it was to fly the Holy Stone HS420 Mini Drone, even without any prior drone experience. The One-Key Start and Altitude Hold made takeoff and hovering effortless, and the Headless Mode allowed us to operate the drone without worrying about the direction.
The HS420’s stunts were a lot of fun to try out, and we were impressed with the drone’s stability during flight. The 720P HD FPV camera took great video and photos, and we appreciated the adjustable angle. The WiFi Real-Time Transmission worked seamlessly, and we were able to capture some amazing aerial shots.
The two modular batteries that come with the drone were a definite plus, as we were able to fly for much longer than we expected. The drone’s small size made it easy to take with us on the go, and we appreciated the protection guards around the propellers, which made it safe to use around kids.
Overall, we think the Holy Stone HS420 Mini Drone is a great choice for anyone looking for an affordable and fun drone. Its easy operation, fun features, and portable size make it a great option for beginners and experienced pilots alike.
If you’re looking for a budget drone with a decent camera, then the B-Qtech Drone with Camera is a good option to consider.
- The 2*4K High-Definition Camera is excellent and captures smooth and delicate images. You can watch the high-definition pictures from a distance without delay.
- The 150° Electric Adjustment of the Lens Angle is impressive. The angle is automatically detected when the machine is turned on, and there will be a prompt sound when the lens is detected. 120° wide-angle lens, supports remote 150° control, multi-dimensional shooting, and has a wider shooting angle.
- The Aerial Photography APP Function is user-friendly and has many features like 360 ° flip, headless mode, fast and slow file, face recognition, gravity sensing, trajectory flight, and gesture photo mode. Even non-professional photographers can take wonderful pictures.
- The Infrared Obstacle Avoidance is not perfect and could be more effective.
- The Optical Flow Fixed Height is not always accurate, and the drone may drift a bit during flight.
- The drone is not very stable in windy conditions, and you may struggle to control it.
Overall, the B-Qtech Drone with Camera is a good option for beginners who want to learn how to fly a drone and capture decent images. It’s easy to use, and the camera quality is good for the price. However, it’s not perfect, and you may experience some issues with the obstacle avoidance and stability in windy conditions.
When looking for the best drone under $100 in Australia, you want to consider a few key factors to ensure you get the best value for your money. Here are some features to look out for:
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a drone is the flight time. This refers to how long the drone can stay in the air on a single charge. Look for drones with a flight time of at least 10-15 minutes, as this will give you enough time to capture footage or explore your surroundings.
If you plan on using your drone for photography or videography, then camera quality is a crucial factor to consider. Look for drones with at least 720p HD cameras, as this will ensure that your footage is clear and sharp.
The control range refers to how far you can fly your drone before losing control. Look for drones with a control range of at least 50-100 metres, as this will give you plenty of room to explore and capture footage.
Stability is another important factor to consider when choosing a drone. Look for drones with stabilisation features such as gyroscopes and accelerometers, as these will help keep your drone steady and prevent it from drifting or shaking.
Size and Portability
Finally, consider the size and portability of your drone. Look for drones that are lightweight and compact, as this will make them easier to transport and store. Additionally, look for drones that come with a carrying case or bag, as this will make it easier to take your drone with you on the go.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you choose the best drone under $100 in Australia that meets your needs and provides you with hours of fun and entertainment.