As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.
Drones have become increasingly popular in recent years, offering a unique perspective on the world from high above. With so many options available, it can be challenging to find the right one that fits your budget and needs.
In this article, we will be discussing the best drones under $1000 in Australia.
When it comes to purchasing a drone, there are several factors to consider. The most critical factor is the drone’s purpose, whether it’s for photography, videography, or recreational flying.
Other factors to consider include battery life, camera quality, range, and durability.
When searching for the best drone under $1000 in Australia, it’s essential to pay attention to these factors to ensure you get the best value for your money.
While you may not get all the bells and whistles of a high-end drone, there are still plenty of options available that offer impressive features at an affordable price.
In this article, we spent countless hours researching and testing various drones to identify the ones that offer the best value for under $1000 in Australia. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced pilot, we’ve got you covered.
Best Drones Under $1000 in Australia
We have compiled a list of the best drones that you can get in Australia for under $1000. These drones are perfect for both beginners and professionals who are looking for a high-quality drone that won’t break the bank. We have tested and reviewed several drones in this price range to bring you the best options available. Whether you’re looking for a drone for photography, videography, or just for fun, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below.
We highly recommend the DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) as it is a great drone for beginners and experienced drone pilots alike. With its lightweight and compact design, extended battery life, and stunning 4K HDR video capabilities, it is perfect for capturing crystal clear aerial shots during your adventures.
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to take with you on your travels
- Extended battery life of up to 38 minutes allows for longer flights without worrying about the battery
- Stunning 4K HDR video capabilities for crystal clear aerial shots
- No obstacle avoidance feature
- Limited range compared to other drones in its price range
- Limited camera control options
The DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) is a breeze to fly, even in windy conditions, thanks to its resistance to 38kph winds. With its True Vertical Shooting feature, it is easy to capture tall landmarks like skyscrapers and waterfalls, and the footage is in the perfect orientation for posting on social media. QuickShots allow for dynamic flight patterns and stunning panoramas.
Overall, the DJI Mini 3 (DJI RC) is a great drone for those looking for a compact and lightweight option with stunning video capabilities. While it may not have all the features of more expensive drones, it is a great option for beginners and those on a budget.
If you’re looking for a drone that provides an immersive experience with intuitive control and safety features, DJI Avata is an excellent choice.
- Enjoy total immersion and intuitive control with DJI Avata.
- The upgraded camera system offers ultra-smooth 4K footage with flagship stabilization.
- The lightweight and compact design of Avata makes it easy to carry and capable of agile maneuvers.
- DJI Avata does not include a remote controller or goggles, which must be purchased separately.
- The price point of DJI Avata may be too high for some users.
- The drone’s flight time of 18 minutes may be too short for some users.
We had a chance to test out DJI Avata and were impressed by its features. The drone is easy to fly and provides a thrilling experience with its intuitive control system. The upgraded camera system offers ultra-smooth 4K footage with flagship stabilization, making it an excellent choice for capturing stunning aerial footage.
One of the standout features of DJI Avata is its compact and lightweight design, which makes it easy to transport and maneuver. The drone’s agile capabilities allow it to fly between gaps and through branches, making it an excellent choice for adventurous pilots.
However, DJI Avata does not include a remote controller or goggles, which must be purchased separately. This may be a dealbreaker for some users who are looking for an all-in-one solution. Additionally, the price point of DJI Avata may be too high for some users, especially those who are just starting with drones.
Overall, if you’re looking for a drone that provides an immersive experience with intuitive control and safety features, DJI Avata is an excellent choice. Its compact and lightweight design, along with its upgraded camera system, make it a great option for capturing stunning aerial footage.
If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly, powerful, and well-designed drone, DJI Mini 2 is the one for you. With its impressive performance, stunning image quality, and creative videos, you can capture the moments that make your life truly yours.
- The DJI Fly app features intelligent, built-in photo optimization that enhances image quality after downloading a photo, resulting in vivid colors and details that pop.
- With just a few taps, DJI Mini 2 automatically records and shoots professional-level videos to share directly on social media.
- The drone is compact and convenient, weighing less than 249 g, and fits in the palm of your hand.
- The DJI Fly app requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0, or above, which may not be compatible with some older devices.
- The drone doesn’t have obstacle avoidance, which may be a concern for some users.
- The 4K camera doesn’t have the same quality as more expensive models.
Overall, the DJI Mini 2 is a great drone for beginners and those who want to capture stunning aerial footage. Its intelligent modes, direct download, and instant editing features make it easy to use and share your content on the go. The drone is also powerful and can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
We highly recommend the Bwine F7GB2 Drones for anyone looking for a high-quality drone under $1000 in Australia. This drone has a lot of features that make it stand out from the crowd.
- The 4K large camera with 3-axis gimbal makes it easy to take stable and high-quality photos and videos.
- The drone is more powerful and stable than other drones in this price range thanks to its brushless motor, level 6 wind resistance, and integrated blades.
- The drone is easy to operate, even for beginners, and comes with a variety of intelligent flight modes in the app.
- The drone doesn’t have the function of avoiding obstacles, so it’s important to pay attention to the drone when flying.
- The battery takes a long time to charge, which can be inconvenient if you want to use the drone for an extended period of time.
- The drone can be a bit noisy when flying, which may be a concern if you’re using it in a quiet area.
Overall, we think the Bwine F7GB2 Drones is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality drone under $1000 in Australia. It’s easy to use, has a lot of great features, and is built to last. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced drone pilot, we think you’ll love this drone.
If you’re looking for a lightweight drone that captures stunning footage without breaking the bank, the Holy Stone HS360S might be the perfect fit for you.
- Weighing less than 250g, this GPS drone is perfect for hassle-free flying in the States without FAA or Remote ID registration.
- With a 4K UHD camera equipped with 1/3” CMOS GalaxyCore Sensor and 4K 85° wide-angle Camera adjusted within 90° by remote control or the app, this drone captures stunning 3840x2160P photos and 4K videos.
- The HS360S features precise GPS positioning, providing not only stable flight but also a safe return home. This GPS drone can perform Return-Home Function to find its way back to you when battery runs low or the connection breaks up.
- The battery life only lasts for 20 minutes, so you may need to purchase additional batteries if you plan on flying for an extended period.
- The HS360S drone with camera for adults is not as beginner-friendly as some other drones on the market, so you may need to spend some time practicing your drone control skills.
- The drone can be quite loud, so it may not be the best option for those who want to fly their drone in quiet areas.
We recently had the pleasure of testing out the HS360S, and we were impressed with its advanced connection technology and multiple stunning functions. The enhanced remote controller allows you to connect your smartphone to the controller using just one data cable, and enjoy real-time image streaming without the necessity of WiFi. Set the social media stage on fire with stunning visuals from the Holy Stone HS360S GPS 4K drone with camera.
The HS360S drone with camera for adults makes aerial filming easy for you. With intelligent recording modes like “Spiral Up,” “Catapult” and “1-Tap Ascension,” all you need to do is tap once, and this 4K drone with camera does the flying and filming for you! Functions like Follow Me, Waypoint Flight and Point of Interest can enhance the flying experience.
Overall, we believe that the Holy Stone HS360S drone with camera is a great option for those who want to capture stunning aerial footage without breaking the bank. Its advanced features and lightweight design make it a great option for beginners and experienced drone pilots alike.
When looking to buy a drone under $1000 in Australia, there are a few key features to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
The flight time of a drone is an important factor to consider. Most drones under $1000 have a flight time of around 20-30 minutes. However, some drones may have a shorter flight time due to their size and weight. Make sure to check the flight time of the drone you are interested in and ensure it meets your needs.
If you plan on using your drone for photography or videography, then the camera quality is a crucial factor to consider. Look for a drone with a high-quality camera that can capture clear and sharp images and videos. Some drones may also come with features such as gimbals and stabilizers to help improve the quality of your footage.
Range and Control
The range and control of your drone is another important factor to consider. Look for a drone that can be controlled from a reasonable distance and has a stable connection. Some drones may also come with features such as obstacle avoidance and GPS, which can help with control and navigation.
If you plan on taking your drone with you on the go, then portability is an important factor to consider. Look for a drone that is lightweight and easy to transport. Some drones may also come with a carrying case or backpack to make transportation easier.
Of course, price is always a factor to consider when buying any product. Look for a drone that fits within your budget while still meeting your needs in terms of flight time, camera quality, range, and portability.
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you choose the best drone under $1000 in Australia for your needs.