As an affiliate, we may earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through links on this website from Amazon and other third parties.
Drones have become increasingly popular in recent years, with many people using them for photography, videography, and even racing. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to find the right drone that fits your needs and budget. In this article, we will be focusing on the best drones under £300 in the UK for the year 2023.
When looking for a drone under £300, there are a few critical factors to consider. Firstly, the drone’s camera quality is essential, especially if you plan on using it for photography or videography. Additionally, you will want to consider the drone’s flight time, range, and stability, as well as its overall build quality and durability.
We spent hours researching and testing various drones to identify the ones that offer the best value for money. In this article, we will be discussing the top drones that meet our criteria and provide an excellent flying experience for beginners and professionals alike.
Best Drones Under £300 UK 2023
We’ve scoured the market and tested various drones to bring you the best options available under £300 in the UK. Whether you’re a seasoned pilot or a beginner, we’ve got you covered with our top picks. Our list includes drones with impressive features such as high-quality cameras, long battery life, and easy-to-use controls. So, without further ado, here are the best drones under £300 in the UK for 2023.
If you’re looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use drone, the DJI Mini 2 SE is a great choice.
- Weighing less than 249 grams, it’s easy to take with you on the go and doesn’t require registration in some countries.
- The 31-minute max flight time allows for extended flights and more opportunities to capture incredible aerial footage.
- With intelligent modes like QuickShots, it’s easy to capture professional-looking footage with just a few taps.
- The 10km max transmission range may not be enough for some users who want to fly farther.
- While the drone is stable in winds up to 38kph, it may struggle in stronger winds.
- The Fly More Combo may be more expensive than some users are willing to pay.
We recently had the chance to try out the DJI Mini 2 SE and were impressed with how easy it was to use. From taking off to capturing footage, every operation was simplified and intuitive. We loved that it was lightweight and compact, making it easy to take with us on hikes and road trips.
The 31-minute max flight time was also a huge plus, allowing us to capture more footage without worrying about the battery life. We were also impressed with the intelligent modes like QuickShots, which made it easy to capture professional-looking footage with just a few taps.
However, we did find that the 10km max transmission range may not be enough for some users who want to fly farther. Additionally, while the drone is stable in winds up to 38kph, it may struggle in stronger winds. Finally, while the Fly More Combo is a great value, it may be more expensive than some users are willing to pay.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the DJI Mini 2 SE to anyone looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use drone. It’s perfect for beginners and professionals alike, and the intelligent modes and extended flight time make it a great value for the price.
Potensic ATOM SE Combo GPS Drone with Camera 4K, 62 mins Flight Time, under 249g, EIS, 4KM FPV Transmission, Max Speed 16m/s, RC Quadcopter, Auto Return, ShakeVanish Tech, Camera Drone for Adult
If you’re looking for a drone that’s easy to pack and store, the Potensic ATOM SE Combo GPS Drone with Camera 4K is a great option.
- The drone is lightweight and easy to pack.
- The 4K camera can shoot 12MP photos and 4K@30fps HD video.
- The SurgeFly flight control system provides beginner mode and 3 flight modes – Video, Normal, and Sport.
- The control range is up to 4Km/13,123ft.
- The firmware needs to be updated regularly to enjoy the ever-improving flight experience and shooting quality.
- The micro SD card is not included.
We recently had the chance to test out the Potensic ATOM SE Combo GPS Drone with Camera 4K, and we were impressed with its features. The drone weighs less than 249g, making it easy to pack and store. The fold-up design packs up small enough to fit in a jacket pocket. Built-in brushless motor makes the drone resist level-5 wind and fly stably.
The drone is equipped with a 1/3’’ CMOS Sony Sensor. It can shoot 12MP photos and 4K@30fps HD video. The exclusive ShakeVanish tech helps to take more stable and smoother images within 118° FOV and a vertical +20° to -90° camera. The drone is equipped with a 2-axis gimbal and EIS.
The SurgeFly flight control system provides beginner mode and 3 flight modes – Video, Normal, and Sport. In Sport Mode, the max speed can be up to 16m/s in 2.8s. The ATOM SE 4K drone comes with 2 intelligent 2500mAh batteries, each Battery running up to 31 minutes, for a total of 62 minutes. Fly more, charging less. Give you more freedom to record the creative moments around you.
Overall, we think the Potensic ATOM SE Combo GPS Drone with Camera 4K is a great option for those looking for an easy-to-use drone with a high-quality camera. It’s perfect for beginners and advanced pilots alike.
If you’re looking for a drone under £300, the Holy Stone HS710 GPS Drone is definitely worth considering.
- The 4K UHD camera captures stunning details, and the 120° wide-angle lens and remote-controlled 90° adjustable structure allow for a broadened view.
- With intelligent flight features like Follow Me, Waypoint Flight, Tap Fly, and Point of Interest, flying the drone is a breeze.
- The GPS and GLONASS dual-mode global positioning system combined with Optical Flow Positioning keeps the drone hovering extremely stably in the air both indoors and outdoors.
- The drone may not be as durable as some other models on the market.
- The instruction manual can be a bit confusing, especially for beginners.
- The drone may be a bit loud when flying at higher speeds.
Overall, we would definitely recommend the Holy Stone HS710 GPS Drone for anyone looking for a high-quality drone under £300. The 4K camera and intelligent flight features make it easy to capture stunning footage, and the GPS and Optical Flow Positioning ensure that the drone stays stable in the air. However, it’s important to keep in mind that it may not be the most durable drone on the market, and the instruction manual can be a bit difficult to follow at times.
If you’re looking for a reliable, easy-to-use drone that won’t break the bank, the Holy Stone HS710 GPS Drone is definitely worth checking out.
If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly drone with advanced features, the HOLY STONE HS720E 4K EIS Drone is a great option.
- The 4K EIS Anti-shake Camera with SONY SENSOR takes high-quality photos and videos.
- The drone is easy to use and has air optical flow & air pressure altitude control system, which makes it stable both indoor and outdoor.
- The intelligent flight modes enable the drone to fly automatically, freeing your hands and minds to do video or picture creation.
- The drone is heavy and requires a flying permit in the UK.
- The stability and control of the drone could be better.
- The drone is expensive compared to other drones in the market.
We were impressed with the quality of the camera, which takes high-quality photos and videos with the 4K EIS Anti-shake Camera with SONY SENSOR. The drone is easy to use and has air optical flow & air pressure altitude control system, which makes it stable both indoor and outdoor. The intelligent flight modes enable the drone to fly automatically, freeing your hands and minds to do video or picture creation.
One downside of the drone is that it is heavy and requires a flying permit in the UK. The stability and control of the drone could be better. Additionally, the drone is expensive compared to other drones in the market.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality drone with advanced features, the HOLY STONE HS720E 4K EIS Drone is a great option.
If you’re looking for a drone with a 4K camera that’s easy to use and light enough to fly without registering with the CAA, the Ruko F11MINI is a great choice.
- The palm-sized design makes it easy to carry around and fly on the go.
- The upgraded frame arm and larger propeller make it resistant to level 4 winds.
- The camera guard protector is specially designed to protect the lens, keeping shots sharp.
- The drone does not have obstacle avoidance.
- The setup process can be a bit tricky for beginners.
- The video transmission can be delayed at times.
We were impressed with the Ruko F11MINI’s compact size and portability, making it easy to take with us on outdoor adventures. The upgraded frame arm and larger propeller also make it more resistant to windy conditions, which is a huge plus.
The 4K camera is also a great feature, and the camera guard protector ensures that your shots are always sharp. We also appreciated the 5Ghz wireless video transmission, which can be switched between 720p@25fps or 2k@25fps. However, we did experience some delays in the video transmission at times.
The RUKO MINI App offers a variety of GPS features that you can control with just a tap, including one-touch take-off/descent, auto-return, GPS follow the orbital flight, and route planning. However, the setup process can be a bit tricky for beginners.
Overall, we would recommend the Ruko F11MINI for anyone looking for a portable drone with a 4K camera and GPS features. However, if you’re looking for obstacle avoidance or a drone with a more user-friendly setup process, this may not be the best option for you.
When looking for the best drone under £300 in the UK in 2023, there are several factors to consider to ensure you make an informed decision. In this buying guide, we will explore the essential features and considerations you should keep in mind before making a purchase.
Before you start looking for a drone, it’s crucial to determine what you intend to use it for. Are you looking for a drone for aerial photography, videography, or just for recreational purposes? Knowing your purpose will help you narrow down your options and choose a drone that suits your needs.
Flight Time and Range
Flight time and range are essential factors to consider when choosing a drone. Flight time refers to how long the drone can stay in the air before it needs to be recharged, while range refers to how far the drone can fly from the controller before losing connection. Look for a drone with a decent flight time and range that will allow you to capture the footage you need.
If you’re buying a drone for aerial photography or videography, camera quality is a critical factor to consider. Look for a drone with a high-quality camera that can capture clear and sharp images and videos. Some drones also come with additional features like gimbal stabilization, which helps to reduce camera shake and produce smoother footage.
Size and Portability
The size and portability of a drone are essential factors to consider, especially if you plan to travel with it. Look for a drone that is compact and lightweight, making it easy to transport without taking up too much space.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. For example, some drones come with obstacle avoidance sensors that prevent the drone from crashing into objects. Others come with GPS navigation, making it easier to navigate and control the drone.
In summary, when looking for the best drone under £300 in the UK in 2023, consider your purpose, flight time and range, camera quality, size and portability, and any additional features that may be important to you. By keeping these factors in mind, you can choose a drone that meets your needs and provides an enjoyable flying experience.